Save the date! BeWater European Policy Event on 9 February 2017
Date: 9 February 2017
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Implementing COP22 agreements: River basin adaptation planning through stakeholder engagement
The half-day programme will focus on approaches and tools for engaging society in water- and adaptation-related processes, the potential of participation, and associated challenges and limitations.
The event will showcase the outcomes of participatory research projects and methodologies for assessing stakeholder interests, demands and concerns within the field of adaptive water resources management.
• Foster adaptation planning at river basin level by demonstrating the critical value of stakeholder engagement.
• Articulate politically relevant recommendations to inform on-going work in the aftermath of the COP 21 and 22 and contribute to their implementation.
Who can attend?
• Citizens and society at large.
• EU policy and decision makers (e.g. MEPs and the European Commission).
• Representatives of European projects with a participatory focus, public administrations, environmental NGOs, scientists and other professionals working in the field of river basin or natural resource management and climate change adaptation.
The event will take place at Leopold Hotel.
Photo: CREAF, 2015